TEFL TESOL Course Italy - Rome
Roma, non basta una vita!
Like a fine Chianti Classico, the city of Rome is to be savoured slowly; it doesn't matter how long you spend here it will simply never be enough. Founded by Romulus and Remus as the epicentre of an empire that stretched the boundaries of an ancient civilisation, the traditions of Roman law, art and architecture still influence the Western world today.
La dolce vita greets your every step and the hectic vibrancy of this exciting city is with your every move. The pungent smell of a hundred different cheeses intermingle with the aroma of freshly backed bread, neighbourhood grocery stores selling fresh fish, meat and vegetables combine to produce one of the world's greatest culinary traditions. Where to have a leisurely lunch or romantic candle lit dinner? The choices of trattories are maddening.
Picture yourself basking in the sunshine as you enjoy a gelato ice cream, or sip a cappuccino as you watch the world pass by, the atmosphere and history that surrounds you makes Rome one of the most remarkable cities in the world. Few can match the cultural significance of the Coliseum, Trevi Fountain or the historical ruins of the Roman Forum. Rome's history is written everywhere, in the palaces, the churches, the streets and fountain squares; a walk through Rome is a walk through time.
Study at our centre in Rome and you study in a city of learning, ideally situated to enjoy all that this magnificent city has to offer. Rome, like Italy in general, has a ready supply of teaching positions suitable for the newly qualified teacher. With our centre staff on hand to advise you in your search for work, Rome is a great location to start your teaching career!
- City of Rome half way down the Italian West Coast
- In the region of Lazio with its extinct volcanoes and rich architecture
- City of history, culture, good food and fine wine
- Convenient hub connecting all points of Europe by train or plane
- An internationally recognised qualification meeting or exceeding industry standards
- Course administered by highly trained staff with extensive local knowledge
- Organized classes and a curriculum that has been proven successful and effective
- Low student to teacher ratio
- Stunning location in a country of culture and passion
- Mediterranean climate and cuisine
- High demand for English teachers
- This course is ideal for Gap year students and people wanting a change of life or moving abroad
- Your fellow students come from different countries and various continents
- Your teacher trainers are some of the most experienced and well-trained in the industry
- Your support staff is extremely helpful, courteous and will assist you with whatever you need
As a European destination, Italy is not as cheap as many other parts of the world. Visitors on a tight budget should allow a minimum of £35 per day and not expect to live a life of luxury. In general, it is advisable to overestimate your budget and allocate a reserve fund for the added expenses you will no doubt occur.
Holders of EU passports are free to enter and exit Italy as required. Citizens from Australian, Canada, New Zealand and the US do not require a visa to enter as tourists and stay a maximum of 90 days. Passports valid for a minimum of six months are required for all visitors to Italy.
Health & Safety
EU citizens have a reciprocal agreement with Italy entitling them to free medical care whilst in the country. There are medical centres all over the country and many train stations have first aid facilities.
Despite its reputation for violin case carrying gangsters, Italy has no greater crime problem than most European countries and petty crime is relatively common in larger cities and tourist areas. Visitors are advised to exercise caution at all times and not to carry large amounts of cash or other valuables.
Female visitors are susceptible to unwanted attention from local males. Whilst this is not generally harmful it can be annoying and is best avoided by ignoring any attempts to grab your attention.
Rome TESOL Course Schedule
- 7 January - 1 February 2013
- 4 February - 1 March 2013
- 4 March - 29 March 2013
- 8 April - 3 May 2013
- 6 May - 31 May 2013
- 10 June - 5 July 2013
- 15 July - 7 August 2013
- 9 September - 4 October 2013
- 7 October - 1 November 2013
- 11 November - 6 December 2013
$500 + €960, comprising:
Deposit: US$ 500 (£320)
Balance of course fees: 960 Euros (£668)
Accommodation: 300 Euros (£261) and up
How to Apply
Fill out an application form and take that next step towards learning amidst the vibrancy of this exciting city.
Directions to reach TEFL
Via Lucrezio Caro, 67
Students who are arriving on the Friday before the course are eligible for our free pickup service from Fiumicino International Airport- upon arrival please meet our rep at the MEETING POINT, just outside international arrivals.
(click to enlarge)